top of page
Lake at Dusk

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any questions not covered in our FAQ below, please feel free to phone on 07484169412 or use the contact form on your right and we will get back to you ASAP!

  • Are you Dog/Pet Friendly?
    If you have any other pets you’d like to bring along, please contact us first!
  • Can we leave our vehicle?
    We have dedicated space on site for you to leave your vehicle at your own risk should you need to.
  • Where can we drive?
    Our insurance covers driving anywhere throughout the counties of Devon, Cornwall or Dorset. If you want to take a van any further than this, please contact us prior to booking, thanks.
  • Are VW campervans easy to drive?
    There's no simple answer to this, it largely depends on you and your driving experience and confidence. Please don’t forget, these vans are well over 40 years old now, so don’t expect power-steering or servo-assisted brakes! If you’ve never driven a classic Volkswagen, be prepared for it to be a VERY different experience than you’ve had before. People can find the controls very heavy compared to a modern vehicle, and the driving position, where you are basically sat right on top of the front wheels with not much car out in front of you certainly takes some getting used to. Once you’ve mastered it, however, you should find, like we always have, that it’s very hard to wipe that cheesy grin off your face for mile after mile as you enjoy a truly unique driving experience...We're happy to take you round the block on a quick test drive before you drive off if you want us to, just ask!
  • What happens if we are late to collect or drop off the van?
    Please do not do this! It could seriously hamper the next hirer’s holiday and there is only a short window to check the van over and prepare it for the next trip. If for some reason, it is looking possible that this will happen, please call us as soon as you are aware and let us know the possible delay. We will need to charge a fee of £25 per hour that you are late, that will be retained from your damage deposit if this does happen. Also please do not turn up earlier than your allocated time, without contacting us first to arrange, thank you.
  • What happens if we break down?
    We have full breakdown cover in place. In the unlikely, unfortunate event of the vehicle having to be recovered, we will do our best to find you a suitable replacement, or accommodation to suit you for the remainder of your holiday. Devon, Cornwall & Dorset are especially busy in peak times so we may have to accept that this could be very difficult or impossible and could spell the end of your trip. If this happens, we will refund the remainder of your hire and we will arrange collection for you back to your vehicle. We will endeavour to do whatever we can though, within reason, to ensure this does not happen.
  • What happens if there’s an accident?
    If something does happen (no matter how small or trivial it may seem) you will need to notify us by telephone immediately. Every situation is different and we will need to treat it on a case by case basis, but if we need to take the van for repair, this could mean the end of your hire period. Please check our detailed terms and conditions for more information. If the accident is deemed your fault, then you will lose some or all of your damage deposit.
  • Do you offer chauffeur service, ie for weddings and proms etc?"
    At this point, we don’t offer this service on our website, but if you do require something outside of what’s offered on the site and the van is available at your date, please give us a call to discuss - you never know…
  • Are you near public transport?
    We are located a 10 minute walk away from Axminster train station so getting to us by public transport isn't an issue.
  • What are the insurance requirements?
    You should be between 25 and 70. You should have no more than 6 points on your license. If you are just outside these specs, please contact us, as we can possibly do something but will have to contact the insurer prior and it is likely there will be an additional excess/deposit required. Unfortunately, our insurance is also not valid for: a) Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/ or have had their licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. Spent convictions, coveredby the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act1974 may be disregarded. b) Persons who had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as aresult of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer c) Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons. d) Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort. e) Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age. f) Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years. g) Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid United Kingdom or EU licence for two years ormore.
  • How does the damage deposit work?
    We require you to pay an up-front deposit of £500 in case of any physical damage or loss to the van or it’s contents, refundable within 7 days of the return of the van. This is an industry standard, in fact some other companies will charge up to £1000 deposit. Please Note: This is different to the payment deposit of 25% (of the total amount including damage deposit) required to secure a booking, with the remaining 75% to be paid up to 30 days prior to the booking.) Please drop us a line if any of this is unclear.
  • How do I pay?
    Simple – just go through the online booking process, then pay direct and securely with your debit or credit card (we do not keep your card details). You have the choice of either payment in full (including the £500 damage deposit) or payment of 25% of the total amount including the damage deposit, with the remaining 75% due for payment up to 30 days prior to the booking. Please drop us a line if any of this is unclear.
  • What bedding do you provide?
    As standard, we provide a mattress protector and a sheet. If you require further bedding, please add at the checkout stage as an extra. This will be a double duvet set and two pillows plus a sleeping bag and pillow for any children in the booking.
bottom of page